Friday, October 19, 2012
Three Former Dairy Workers at Bettencourt Dairies' Dry Creek Dairy in Hansen, Idaho Charged With Misdemeanor Animal Cruelty
A little late, but good to know. Seems this is the state’s largest dairy operation. This makes this all the worse in that even the largest operation is not being monitored by the USDA at all for cruelty issues. It took a group to go undercover.
The full story can be found here: http://news.yahoo.com/idaho-dairy-workers-charged-animal-cruelty-075033056.html
BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Three former dairy workers with Idaho's largest dairy operation have been charged with misdemeanor animal cruelty after undercover video shot by an animal rights group showed workers stomping, dragging and beating cows inside a milking barn.
The video was shot using a hidden camera by a member of Mercy for Animals who got a job at Bettencourt Dairies' Dry Creek Dairy in Hansen for a few weeks this summer.
It shows workers at the dairy beating cows with a pink cane as the animals slipped and slid on the wet
concrete floor; workers kicking and stomping cows that have fallen between the metal bars in the milking stalls; and a cow being dragged out of the barn by a chain around her neck as she lies on the concrete floor.
- Simple Petition to Ask the Chinese Government (cru...
- Demand Arrest of Wyoming Sleaze Stanley Castagno f...
- Did the Senator/s from Your State Vote Yes to Deli...
- The Wolf Massacre in Wyoming, etc. Continues: Incl...
- Three Former Dairy Workers at Bettencourt Dairies'...
- Vegan Snacks and Ingredients: Things to be Aware O...
- Wyoming the Newest Sadistic State to Allow Wolf Ki...
- ▼ October (7)
- ► 2011 (117)
- ► 2010 (100)
- ► 2009 (55)
- ► 2008 (94)
- ► 2007 (233)
- ► 2006 (726)